Have You Tried These Coffee Cocktails Yet?
Are you who can’t begin a day without a good strong hot cuppa coffee, and enjoys few drinks in the evenings too? Does the idea of mixing your two pleasures excite your tastes buds? Just when you thought the world couldn’t get any better, there come coffee cocktails to your rescue! You have come to the right place if you answered in the affirmative, and with this article, we intend to delight the coffee lovers with an ultimate list of coffee cocktails. Whether you throw a party & dish out these drinks to floor your guests, or you simply treat yourself to a good buzz, these recipes are going to make you want to have more than a sip of these delicious cocktails. Read on to find out more…
Talk of coffee and alcobev, this list has to begin with the classic Irish coffee, a little bit of roasty coffee and a bit of buzz, served just right for that perfect kick.
Image & Recipe Source: https://www.thespruceeats.com/original-irish-coffee-recipe-759311
- 4 ounces strong, rich hot coffee
- 1 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ounce lightly whipped heavy cream
- Pour the sugar into a warm Irish coffee glass, mug, or other heat-proof glass.
- Add the coffee and stir until dissolved.
- Add the Irish whiskey and stir again.
- Float the cream on top by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Do not stir again. Instead, drink the coffee through the cream.
The rich & delicious mocha paired with vodka & liqueur can even curb the dessert craving after a meal, very easily!
Recipe Source: https://whoneedsacape.com/2015/03/mochatini/
- 3 Ounces Coffee Vodka
- 1 Ounce Baileys Liqueur
- 1 Ounce Tia Maria Liqueur
- 1 Ounce (plus garnish) Chocolate syrup
- Cream (half and half)
- Fill your martini shaker with ice
- Add in liqueurs, vodka, and syrup
- Fill shaker to the top with cream
- Shake well
- Prepare martini glass by dripping chocolate on the sides of glass
- Pour in and enjoy!
This one certainly makes for a perfect drink especially in the Caribbeans.
Image & Recipe Source: https://lovers.coffee/caribbean-coffee-rum-recipe/
- Hot coffee or espresso
- 1-ounce Rum
- 2 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Double or heavy Whipping cream
- To prepare the mixture, pour 1 ounce of rum into a glass, and half an ounce of amaretto liqueur for added booze.
- Then pour in eight ounces of hot brewed coffee, or you can use espresso if you want a stronger taste of coffee.
- If you prefer a sweet version of this Caribbean coffee which we prefer too, you can add two tsp of sugar for a bit of sweetness.
- Finally, for the finishing touches pour on slowly the heavy cream on top of the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy the coffee drink.
Dark and Stormy Coffee Cocktail
The fancy & the bold dark and stormy with shots of espresso gives you a different high altogether.
- 25 ml dark rum
- 25 ml tequila
- Ginger beer
- 2 tbsp freshly brewed espresso
Fill a highball glass with ice and pour in the rum and tequila. Stir then top with ginger beer. Slowly pour in the espresso.
Turkish Coffee Sour
If you love Turkish coffee, this cocktail recipe is is a must try. The aromas of spices coupled with grounded coffee & spiced rum will tantalize your senses.
Image & Recipe Source: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/turkish-coffee-sour
- 2 tbsp coffee grounds
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised (plus 2 to garnish)
- strip of lemon peel
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 20g egg whites
- 75 ml spiced rum
- 25 ml lemon juice
- Angostura bitters (optional)
- Put the coffee grounds in a pan with 250ml water.
- Add the cardamom pods, lemon peel, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to the boil, then strain through a sieve lined with 2 pieces of kitchen paper.
- Leave to cool.
- Pour 50ml of the coffee mixture into a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Add the egg white, spiced rum and lemon juice.
- Shake hard for 1-2 mins then double strain into 2 coupe or martini glasses.
- Decorate with another cardamom pod and a few drops of Angostura bitters if you like.