7 Cocktails To Try This Fall
The bright-chirpy summers and fresh monsoons have bid adieu and the crisp fall finally comes knocking at the door. As we see a noticeable change with the beautiful autumnal season setting in, it brings along a change in food and drinks habits & preferences too. Talking of fall reminds us of enjoying the partly misty and chilly evenings over a perfect drink and endless conversations with a great company.
So, brace up because here we are, all set and ready with a crisp list of delightful cocktails which you must try this season.
Old Irish Cure
With a nip in the weather we must trust the Irish for this amazing drink,for it certainly the cures all the ales…oops…we mean ails!
Note: Image and Recipe Source https://cdn-image.foodandwine.com/sites/default/files/2010-r-cocktail-irish-cure.jpg
- 1 1/3 ounces Irish whiskey, preferably Jameson
- 1/3 ounce dark rum
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Calvados
- 1/3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce cane syrup or Rich Simple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger Juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 thin apple slice, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the apple slice garnish and shake well. Strain the drink into a chilled coupe and garnish with the apple slice.
Hot Apple Pie Cider
The liqueur based cocktail is a sureshot delight which will make drinking on a fall evening pleasurable.
Note: Image and Recipe Source https://www.thespruceeats.com/hot-applie-pie-cocktail-759690
- 2 ounces Tuaca (Liqueur)
- 1/2 cup apple cider (hot)
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: stick of cinnamon
Pour Tuaca in a glass, add apple cider and top it with whipped cream. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
With a name so spunky, this cocktail is a great hit, especially during the Autumn season.
Note: Image and Recipe Source https://www.thespruceeats.com/hunters-cocktail-recipe-761450
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy
- Garnish: Maraschino cherry
Pour the whiskey and cherry brandy into an old-fashioned glass with ice. Stir well and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
This vodka-based cocktail is perfect for any fall soirée.
Note: Image and Recipe Source https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/amberjack-cocktails-2008
- 1 ounce apple vodka
- 1/2 ounce Macallan Amber (Scotch-based maple-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce Calvados
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled apple lambic
- 1 thin green apple slice
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Macallan Amber, Calvados and lime juice; shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass, stir in the lambic and garnish with the apple slice.
Pear Naked Sailor
For the name as wild as this one, you are sure to have a wild time drinking this cocktail!
- 1 1/2 oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1 1/2 oz Bosc Pear Puree
- 1 1/4 oz pure ginger nectar
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Few ounces ginger ale to float
- Garnish: pear slice
- Garnish: nutmeg
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice in a collins glass.
- Float the ginger ale on top.
- Garnish with half a pear slice and a dusting of nutmeg.
For Ginger Nectar :
- Using fresh ginger, peel thoroughly then slice into 1-inch chunks.
- Spread on a sheet and bake in oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Place ginger pieces into a storage container and add 4x its volume of hot water.
- Let steep overnight.
- Next day, scoop the ginger pieces into a blender along with some of the gingered water.
- Blend at a high setting until the ginger has been broken down and liquefied as much as possible.
- Fine strain multiple times using a muddler to press every last drop of liquid from the ginger.
- Add more of the gingered water to taste, in order to regulate the level of spice.
A classic cocktail with Dominican roots, all set to soothe your fall blues!
Note: Image and Recipe Source https://www.departures.com/travel/restaurants/best-fall-cocktails#last-rites-san-francisco
- 5 oz Real McCoy Rum
- 1 oz lime
- .75 oz Cocchi Americano
- .75 oz spiced honey
- .25 oz Punt e Mes
- .25 oz Nocino
- .25 oz ginger beer
Shake ingredients together, strain into glass. Serve up with an orange peel and scored lime wedge for garnish.
As the weather gets cooler by the day, let’s spread some cheer and celebrate the spirit of Autumn!