How much can I drink and stay under the limit?
There is no fool-proof way of drinking and staying under the limit. The amount of alcohol you would need to drink to be considered over the driving limit varies from person to person. It depends on:
- your weight
- your gender (men tend to process alcohol faster than women)
- your metabolism
- the type and amount you’re drinking
- your current stress levels
- whether you’ve eaten recently
- age (younger people tend to process alcohol more slowly)
Even small amounts of alcohol can affect your ability to drive so the only safe advice is to avoid any alcohol if you are driving.