The ‘What’ & ‘Why’ of Post-Holiday Body Cleansing
‘Weekends, Holidays, Festivals and Vacations’ – When you hear these words, you see the light of hope at the end of the tunnel. This tunnel is the days spent at work and when you finally reach at the end of it then you think that you will live like there is no tomorrow. Get real guys! Because this tomorrow would come eventually and you’ll regret it when it is here.
Everyone needs a break from the day to day stress and tension caused because of working hard to achieve the life you desire. This break is necessary to maintain work life balance. So, when the weekend arrives you switch on your binge mode on without thinking about the outcomes. You drink and you eat and you repeat the same thing till you pass out and when the next morning hangover comes bursting, you feel like your body had taken a toll last night both mentally and physically.
I say it is okay to live it up a little bit and you deserve it; but what you also deserve is to know how you can prevent yourself from a dire situation when things go south. Ergo, we are here to rescue you from the hangover:
- The first and foremost thing that will push the restart button of your body is sleep. Get a good night sleep of 8 – 10 hours for the next 5 days and try to wake up at a normal time as per your daily routine. This will reset your body clock back to its optimum level.
- In order to flush out all the toxins in your body that have been built up because of all the different drinks you had in the weekend or during the holidays. It is essential to drink 2-3 liters of water a day to cleanse your body.
- A tea is an amazing ingredient to help cleanse your body and one such tea is dandelion root tea that will detoxify your liver. It can be easily be found at the super mart near your home. Green tea is considered to be effective as well, being consumed worldwide as it contains essential antioxidants.
- A healthy diet plan is necessary to fulfill all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Eat green and fresh vegetables like broccoli, spinach and asparagus and keep your hands away from those sweets, no matter how tempting they are.
- You may take vitamins in order to replenish your system, the count of which drastically reduces during the weekend’s course.
- I know some of you might be itching to get back to the gym and some of you will deny needing it, but remember that exercise releases all the toxins out and is very therapeutic for your body.
Well, there it goes! Just be religious towards your body no matter what. Stay balanced by having fun in a wholesome manner and then give due consideration to your health needs as well. This way you’re golden!