Sinfully Sweet- Alcohol and Desserts
What a brilliantly idea it is to gulp down your drink and eat it too? This one’s for the sweet toothed foodies who are also much too in love with their drinks. We’ve found some amazing desserts laced with alcohol.
Baked Alaska with Rum pudding Ice Cream
With this classic French dessert, it’s literally raining Rum here! This baked beauty is infused with rum, raisins and cream pound cake on the inside while it has meringue on the outside. Try it on a lazy Sunday brunch, It is bound to take you on a different level of ‘high’.
Red Wine Velvet cake
Impress your beau with this dessert at a special candle light dinner at home. Uncork that bottle of your favourite red wine and bake this strikingly toothsome red velvet cake with vanilla cream frosting. You’re surely going to score that home run.
Spiked Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Tucked away in the comforts of your bed, this cream rich hot chocolate laced with alcohol is sure to keep you warm and happy during winters. Enough said.
Chocolate Fudge with Brown Sugar
Photo by Michael Graydon Nikole Harriott – Source bonappetit.com
This deliciously glazed boozy fudge with bourbon sugar is sure to leave you asking for more.
Easy Baileys Chocolate Dessert Pots
Photo Source ciaoveggies.com
Preparation 15 mins
Total 15 mins
Yields 4-6 portions
A 3 ingredient, 15 minute Baileys dessert to impress. Rich and flavourful, with a super creamy, luxurious texture similar to chocolate mousse. I pack it with a double shot of Baileys per portion, but it can be made much lighter if you wish!
- 400g (14oz) can of coconut milk
- 200mls (3/4 cup + 2 Tblsps) Baileys Irish Cream (This will be very boozy! Reduce for a more subtle result)
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate
- Before you get started, you’ll need to refrigerate the coconut milk in its can overnight, or freeze it for a few hours. This allows the coconut milk to separate.
- Open the can of coconut milk and the thick cream should have set on the top. Spoon the cream out into a mixing bowl and discard the water left behind (you can keep this in the fridge and re-use it in a smoothie if you like)
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, or a microwave, whatever works for you. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the coconut milk on a high speed until it’s silky and airy. It will take a few minutes.
- Add the Baileys to the coconut milk very slowly, followed by the melted chocolate, mixing continuously to incorporate them whilst letting as much air in as possible. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula on occasion.
- Once all of the ingredients are in, mix on high speed for an extra few moments for good measure.
- Portion into ramekins, small glasses or wine glasses.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to achieve a silky, pudding-texture, or overnight for a more firm / set result.
Now that we’ve shared this list of boozy drinks with you, it does seem like a happy ending after all.